It’s that time of the year again where we give extra thanks to the people, we are most thankful for in our lives. Whether you can’t make it home for the holidays or you just want to spend extra time with your close friends. Friendsgiving is becoming everyone’s favorite holiday! Here are 10 tips to hosting an amazing Friendsgiving!
1. Have someone take the lead – Appoint someone to send invites and coordinate food and drinks.
2. Let friends pick what they’re bringing – Give your friends the chance to stake their claim on a dish. Use a Google Doc or other shared spreadsheet with categories like appetizers, side dishes, veggies, and desserts. Friends can simply add their name and what they are bringing. This will make planning so much easier!
3. Assign turkey duty to the host – Transporting a fully cooked turkey sounds like a potential disaster and cold dinner in the making.
4. Don’t forget the drinks – Warm Apple Cider warms everyone up and is the perfect Fall drink
5. Make sure there’s plenty to go around – Make sure to confirm the guest list to ensure no one gets short-changed on mashed potatoes come dinnertime.
6. Arrive Ready – Nobody likes too many cooks in the kitchen. Make sure everyone brings their dishes prepared.
7. Check the counter space – Make sure you have enough space to place all of the dishes. Otherwise, ask around to see if one of your guests can bring a folding table.
8. Don’t sweat decorations – Don’t overthink this! A simple fall colored table cloth and candles elevates the dinner. Remember it’s about the people that are sitting around the table.
9. Stock up with the basics – more people in the house means going through basics like toilet paper, paper towels, garbage bags and soap more quickly. Make sure to do a quick trip to the store to make sure you have enough
10. To-go containers are a must – Don’t let the leftovers go to waste! Ask someone to bring to-go containers for the group or remind guests to bring their own to make sure everyone gets a serving for the road.
We are so thankful for every one of our Residents! Make sure to follow us on Facebook and Instagram to see what events we have coming up!
The Reserve at Orono is committed to providing our incoming residents with a community environment that aligns with CDC protocols and local health guidance to help stop the spread of COVID 19.Below are just a few of the precautions we will be taking on move-in day to ensure the health of our future residents:
Staggered, scheduled move-in times to avoid large numbers of people at once. Please contact us today if you have not received your time.
Everyone, including our staff, will be required to wear a face covering.
Sanitizing stations throughout the property.
We will be limiting the amount of paperwork that needs to be turned in on move-in day. We will be reaching out to you in an effort to get any outstanding items turned in electronically prior to that day.
Our staff will be continuously wiping down all high touch surfaces.
Stickers will be placed on the ground to ensure everyone stays 6 feet apart.
Seal stickers will be placed on every bedroom door after a thorough cleaning and sanitizing has been done to ensure each bedroom remains uncontaminated.
These are just some of the precautions we will be taking to ensure your new home is clean and your move in experience is a healthy one. We will continue to monitor and update our standard operating procedures as part of a continued focus on the health of our residents and team members.
We are so excited to meet all of our future residents on move-in day!